Monday, August 07, 2006

 

Oudtshoorn

This is ostrich farming country. We only had an overnight stop so we didn't actually do that much, but we did do the key Ostrich activities, namely visiting a farm and, er, barbecuing one (not a whole one of course). The hostel we stayed at also provided free ostrich eggs for you to make scrambled eggs with, not too bad but I think we'll stick with chickens. None of this is of particularly great importance, but it does give us an excuse to publish the pictures of me riding an ostrich at the farm! People have said that they "...didn't know you could ride and ostrich..." and "...is it safe?.." and my answers remain the same, "...neither did I..." and "...probably not...". Nevertheless it was the funniest experience and fortunately I still have all my limbs intact. Luckily we did the eating bits before the farm visit, not sure it would have been quite the same the other way round as we met breeding pairs Adam and Eve and Bonny and Clyde, the latter having been together for 30 years!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?